Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines!


This year was the girl's year to make plan's for valentine's day. Since going out to eat with a group of 10 would be CrAzY on valentines, we thought we would make a nice dinner. Actually Toni did most of the work. But we all brought something to contribute. The girls met up at Whipperman's at 6:00 so we could get all dressed up. We had decided to make it a little corny and wear our wedding dresses.


Surprisingly, after 5 years for Whitney and myself, we still fit, but it was a tight fit for me. The guys were told to dress in their suits and show up at 7:00. They weren't too happy about the suit thing, but they wanted us to plan this year. We'll see what they come up with next year.


For dinner we had shrimp to start off with, followed by steak and baked potatoes, and a lime dessert to finish it off. Unfortunately, I had been feeling sick and throwing up all day so I just watched everyone else eat. After dinner we took cheesy prom pictures with a lovely backdrop so we could remember our fun night.

Kyle & Whitney

Ian & Loni


Shaun, Mandy & Anna
Anna wasn't feeling well either, so we had to cancel the babysitter and bring her with us. She had just thrown up all over her clothes that is why she is in just an undershirt. But we loved having her with us, she is our little valentine!

Ronnie & Lisa

Scott & Toni

Kip & Emily

As soon as dinner and pictures were done, the girls were out of their dresses and into something we could breathe in. We finished the night off by playing the Newlywed game. Shaun and I won, yay! Our prize was a $20 gift certificate to Fratelli and chocolate. We had a great night (besides the fact that Anna and I didn't feel so great).

6 comments:

The Fletchers said...

Love the wedding dresses! Looks like a lot of fun. There's no way I could squeeze into my wedding dress right now! -Jen

Jami and Family said...

How funny! I love that you wore your wedding dresses I really don't think mine would fit right now!

Blackner Family said...

So fun! Great idea to wear your wedding dresses. Mine is still in a box from the dry cleaners!!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Such a cute idea! I love that you wore your wedding dresses. Did you get the message about Kev's B'day on Friday? Do you think you guys will be able to come? It's a surprize so don't blog me about it because he reads my blog.

The Johnson's said...

Long story short Abby told Mal that you guys had a blog. Why dont you ask your husband when we are going to go motorbiking again? We are leaving for Dental School in July. I'll give him a call soon.

Nate

The Johnson's said...

Well might as well say hello myself, not like I didnt just see you this morning... do you have something to share? No news here. hope all is well, love the wedding dressing and who's the girl with kippy?

Mal