Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's at Grand Targhee

We spent New Year's at Grand Targhee with family and friends. We had a great time bringing in the New Year. This is Shaun's ideal family vacation.
Anna loved skiing on Shaun's back last year and has been constantly asking to ski since the first snow storm. So far only Alta has let him ski with her on his back. So we decided to try her out on her own ski's for the first time. She had fun; but, one run was enough for the first day. On the lift Shaun taught Anna to say "I'm a little ripper" and "I live for pow pow".

Dad and his little ski bunny

Yea Anna, you are officially a little ripper!

10 comments:

Deidra said...

That's sooo cute! I wish we had taken Zack up sooner than last year, he is kind of resisiting, saying he doesn't want to do it because it is so hard. Maybe we should go together!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

What a cute little ripper. I'm up blogging because Kevin's out gambling... I think it's time for an intervention... not on the blogging:)

The Airharts said...

I'm impressed-Those pictures are super cute-hopefully she will become a famous skier one day and she can say things like, "I have been skiing since I was 2" ,then the croud will all gasp.

Jami and Family said...

Thats awesome! Her tiny skis are so cute! Hope you had a fun time on your trip!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Oh my, how fun was that!! She looks rockin in her skis!! I bet that was just a hoot to watch her try her own skis!!! How fun glad you guys had a good time, we missed you!!

LindseyFae* said...

What a cute little bundle coming down the hill! That's awesome that he's already taking her up. What a cool way to spend Christmas.

Cassell Clan said...

That's awesome. Good to start them young. I love Targhee. I think it is best to get them to respect the mountain at such a young age.

The Fletchers said...

Way to keep up with your parents Anna. She looks so cute. You guys are awesome!

dave&abby johnson family said...

OMG! She is so adorable! I love it! Dave and I were so stoked to see these pics. It got us so excited to put Aspen on a pair of skis!! Glad you guys had a good time. Man how I miss Targhee!

Marissa and Family said...

That is adorable! She looks like a natural. That is definitely not my ideal vacation. I need the beach! Glad you had fun.