Thursday, December 11, 2008

Look who's 2!!!

Our little girl is 2!! I can't believe how quickly time passes. Two years ago she couldn't even hold her head up. Now she walks, talks and tells you how things are going to be. She has brought us so much happiness and we can't imagine life with out her.


This is just after we brought her home from the hospital


1 year picture


Shaun blew up (with an air compressor) all these balloons last night so we could decorate her room while she was sleeping.
Her room once it was all decorated

Shaun wanted to be here when she woke up so he could see if she like her room. She was still sleeping when he was ready to go so we woke her up. She wasn't too happy about it at first. Once she got out of bed and into the balloons she enjoyed it.

I have been hiding her Birthday and Christmas presents under my bed for the last few weeks. She found them and wasn't too happy when I wouldn't let her see them. She told everyone that her presents were hiding in mom's bed. Last night we wrapped them and put them back under our bed so she could pull them out and open them today. She opened up 2 of them and we saved one for later today.

She knows she is two, but can't hold up the fingers. We taught her to hold up both pointers to show us.


Later we met some friends for play date at Marissa's. We got started on Gingerbread Houses, had lunch and a cupcake for Anna's birthday. So far she has had a good day with lot's of calls and presents.

10 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

So fun!!! What I wouldn't give to be 2 again!!! I love her facial expressions!!! She kills me!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!! We love you!

Marissa and Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!! I'm glad we got to spend time with you today! I love the balloon idea, her room looks sooo cute! I finally finished my gingerbread house. You??

The Johnson's said...

Happy Birthday little girl. The balloons are too cute, might have to steal that idea one day! Hope you guys are doing well!

dave&abby johnson family said...

You are such a cute mom! What a fun idea, and that pic of Anna is priceless! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!!

Jami and Family said...

Happy birthday Anna!! That is so cute that Shaun wanted to decorate her room and blew up all those balloons, what a great idea! She looked like she loved it!

jill said...

How fun!! That was such a cute idea to decorate her room, I bet she just loved it!! Happy Birthday Anna!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, I can't believe Anna is TWO!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!!
I'm so sad that we aren't there to watch her grow.. I peek in on your blog weekly to see how she is changing and growing...
Hopefully we will be able to get together soon so we can really get to know her..

Love to you all!
Aunt Leona

LindseyFae* said...

I know I tell you this repeatedly, but she is SO CUTE! Time flies... (I actually did the balloon thing for Bentley's three year old birthday.. but I made Jess blow up all the balloons)

The Fletchers said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Wow, time flies. I can't believe how old our kids are getting.

Ruthann & Lynn said...

I loved the balloons, so fun. It sounded like a Shaun idea, he is so creative. Happy Birthday to Anna. xoxo