Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

On the 4th of July we did what we always do, went to the Granite Parade. This year Grandpa Neil drove all the grand kids on the float that Grandma decorated. They had a great time. Anna was more interested in eating the candy than throwing it. Shaun finally convinced her to throw it once they were half way through the parade.




After the parade we went swimming. Shaun had asked Anna if she wanted to jump off the diving board and she said no. Then she found out Ryder was going to do it so she quickly changed her mind. After a couple of jumps she yelled "hey everybody watch me!" she surprised us all by doing a front flip. I didn't catch the flip on film but I did get Shaun's look of surprise and excitement when she did it.
**These are videos of her doing her flips, jump and a dive**


Jump



Dive

When she did her flip Shaun said it was his proudest moment as a father, even more so then her first time on skis. No one had told her to do it, she did it all on her own and surprised us all. I love to watch her swim, she puts her head in the water and wiggles it back and forth while kicking her legs. It's super cute, I can't believe how long she can hold her breath.

Flip

Flip #2

6 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I am so sad we didn't meet back up after. I wanted to talk to you! Booo!I hope you guys had a good parade, it was my first and I LOVED it!!

Unknown said...

That's amazing she can do a flip! Brooklyn keeps asking to watch it over & over, we're very impressed!

Unknown said...

That is Emily by the way

The Airharts said...

That really is amazing-jake would think that is ther proudest moment too! Like the collages!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh those videos of Anna are great!! I love the front flip!! I can't beleive she just did that!! That's awesome.

The Fletchers said...

Wow! That's crazy! She's so awesome! I had to watch it a few times to actually believe what I was really seeing.