Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Camping at Lake Washington

For the last few years we have been going up the Alexander Lake to go camping. It's kind of difficult to get to this lake without 4 wheel drive cars and a few scratches on the way up. Since we were going a little late in the year I decided we needed a tent trailer since we have Anna. I do love to tent camp but I didn't want her to be miserably cold when it was time to sleep. Shaun's brother had a trailer that we were able to borrow. It made sleeping so much better. We decided to try something new this year and go to Lake Washington. The nice thing about Alexander Lake is you aren't right next to someone. There aren't designated camp sites, you find somewhere that looks good and you set up camp. Lake Washington has camping areas which are right next to one another, so there is no privacy. Bummer, but we still had fun. Next year we will probably go back to Alexander Lake.

Our camp


Kyle, Whitney, Mandy & ShaunNic, Cat, Kip & Emily

We took a canoe up to play with on the lake

Anna & Dad throwing rocks on the island that we canoed out to

The next day Kyle, Nic & Shaun swam in the FREEZING lake out to the island.

One of these bathing beauties is all mine!

Anna really wanted to swim, but it was freezing so we took her shoes off and she was able to put her feet in. She didn't seem to care that it was so cold.

6 comments:

The Fletchers said...

Looks cold, but fun. We'll have to go camping next year with you guys when Audrey's a little older.

dave&abby johnson family said...

That looks like so much fun! So jealous! Glad you had fun, Anna is so cute!

Marissa and Family said...

Burrr! Looks chilly, but I'm glad you had a fun time. I think every kid needs to experience camping. I love the bathing beauties picture. Hilarious!! I also love Anna's hat, soo cute. Wonder where I can find me one like it????

Davis Family said...

It looks so fun! I miss camping! WE miss you guys, glad to see you are still having fun without us!

Blackner Family said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Poor Baylee who will rarely experience camping since Matt and I both don't like camping! She'll always have girls camp!!

Jami and Family said...

Looks nice and COLD! I bet you were glad you took the trailer! It looks like you had a fun time, camoing is the best!